Re: El Paso - for TS -unit # on tape and Pre # on each Screen

Can we get all 3 VC# machine ID and Serial # or are we limited by space on the tape?
Tari
-----Original Message-----
From: Ken Clark <ken@dieboldes.com>
To: rcr@dieboldes.com <rcr@dieboldes.com>
Cc: Robert Chen <rob@dieboldes.com>
Date: Thursday, May 18, 2000 10:11 AM
Subject: RE: El Paso - for TS -unit # on tape and Pre # on each Screen

Actually, the VC # on the AccuVote tape doesn't help you track back to a specific AccuVote units.  Do you want the VC# and Machine #, like with the AccuVote, or do you want the serial number of the AVTS unit?

Okay, its clear from Ralph's message.  They want to be able to match the tape to the floppy, just like the AccuVote.

He also mentions putting the precinct number on the cast ballot screen.  Not a bad idea.  The cast ballot page could actually have all the information as the start page.  Poll workers can always press review to get back to the ballot and see the precinct though, so I am not sure whether this will make it onto the plate for the current AVTS software or not.

Ken