Re: default font in Gems

If we are to follow Ken's advice, I have to say that IMHO, inertia wins and we stay with the defaults we have.

Tyler
-----Original Message-----
From: Ken Clark <ken@dieboldes.com>
To: rcr <rcr@dieboldes.com>
Date: Tuesday, February 01, 2000 12:47 PM
Subject: RE: default font in Gems

I hate to say anything here, but it doesn't make sense to have the fonts inconsistent IMHO.  The whole rationale for dropping Arial Narrow is to avoid complications with print shops and AVTS units that can't handle it.  Either the database is contaminated with Arial Narrow or it is not however.  Further, the advantages of Arial Narrow (squeeze more text) apply equally well to candidates and long race text.

To be absolutely clear though:  I am not saying we should drop Arial Narrow or not.  I have no strong opinion on that.  I am just saying dropping it for races but not candidates doesn't make a lot of sense.  Certainly, I can see no advantage to doing that.

Ken
From: Talbot Iredale [mailto:tiredale@dieboldes.com]
Okay, I'll leave the default fonts for candidates and endorsements alone (ie Arial Narrow) and make the default font for Races and Headers to Arial.

Should I change the default size from 10 point to 14 point while I'm at it.

Note: These defaults can be changed in the 'Race Options' Dialog.

Whatever the consensus is I will work with
From: Tyler <tyler@dieboldes.com>
A complaint.  You just heard it.
From: Talbot Iredale <tiredale@dieboldes.com>
This RCR has been outstanding for a while.  I will change the default font from Arial Narrow to plain Arial if I do not here a complaint about this today.

Can the default font in Gems for all text (candidates, races, headers, endorsements) be set to Arial and Bold instead of Arial Narrow -  No client I know of uses Arieal Narrow so we always have to change it .