Re: Changes to the 194 usvm and 194 usma .abo files

Posted on behalf of LHS. At the bottom of the 194 usma report version, an item on the short report details the number of each card (10000, 10001, etc.) that were cast.  LHS would like the usvm short report to include this as well.
  This information is on the long 194usvm report but not the short.  I'll change it to be on all reports as it is for 194usma.  Let me know how they would like to receive this update.  I can email it or post it to the FTP site and email a password.

Also, LHS would like the ability to edit what appears in this detail field.  For instance, instead of "10000" and "10001", they would like it to be able to say "Democratic" and "Republican".  Obviously, this is for use in separate ballot primaries.
  Sorry but there is no mechanism to "name the ballots".  All we have is a number (the card number or ballot ID).  Nor do we have a party for a ballot.  Even just printing cards broken down by party would require major changes to GEMS, the Accu-Vote, and the communications protocols.  Races have 3 character party codes so we could possibly search for the first race on the ballot with a party code and add that the to card identification.  If this is acceptable it would probably be a billable enhancement (i.e. requires a workorder) that I could do in a couple hours.  Let me know.

            Guy