Adding a note directly to the guy who puts the ink on the press

If there are any other ideas, please feel free to comment.  I've already got dibs on the "design a new optical scan system" idea.  So come up with something else more creative.

Since we have accepted colour, the most important person in the process is the guy who puts the ink on the press.  Should a warning be put on the separate ovals file to only use 032 red and 130 orange.  I did have a customer use 038 red and some of the Accu-Votes picked up the slightly darker (blacker) and thicker red ovals as undefined marks.

If you go that far, then why not print the whole ballot specification on all ballot proofs?  Then the whole message (not just part of the message) will get to "the guy who puts the ink on the ballot".

We should cover our butts!

Greg Forsythe
Global Election Systems, Inc
24 Hirondelle Place, Ontario M3A 1V8