RE: modifications to SOVC

Weld County requests the following for the November election-

Seems a little close to November to be messing with SOVC reports don't you think?
1.)    Increase the number of allowable spaces in the precinct label  by 15 characters

See the "GBS/Wisconsin, State of" response.
2.)    Instead of 0's in the races that don't apply to certain precincts can dashes (-) be put in instead ? for ease of reading (as the VTS SOVC did)

Yeah, we talked about this back when we did the report originally.  The problem is performance.  It takes time to figure out what races are in what precincts vs what counts are there.  Right now we fill the whole grid with zeros and then shoot the counts at the cells.  We would need a separate (costly) pass to determine what cells had no chance of getting counts.  This second pass might take as long as filling in the counts.

I suppose the response to all this is that small (ie VTS) accounts won't matter performance wise, and large accounts can take their time the next day to generate the SOVC.  We'll add an option, but not for November I think.
3.)     Extend vertical lines between races all the way to end of reports

Perhaps after saved options for SOVC is complete.   Do other people want this?  I don't want yet another checkbox unless there is a lot of demand.  I suppose some will want horizontal lines as an option as well?

Ken