Re: AccuVote Tape - Write-ins after candidates

Looking at the zero tape and marking them accordingly does not work.  With our ability now to print ballots with the digital laser press, we are now automating the printing of test decks with patterns based on the ballot, not the AccuVote Tape (by precinct).  I can wait until the Dec. Rom release.
  So does this automated test deck system handle rotations?  You could of course use the 1.95/2.0 candidate reporting in ballot order feature.

  The Accu-Basic code change to print write-ins last is trivial but a major distribution of changes is not so how about we do a limited release test version for you to work with.  Let me know which .abo file you want to use (or the GEMS report name for it) and I'll post a modified -test.abo version with the change.

  Regarding a general distribution, does anyone know if any jurisdiction cares about whether the write-ins are reported before or after the candidates?  If so, we'll have yet more variations .  If not, then on the next major GEMS upgrade we could distribute a complete new set of .abo files with just an entry in the release notes.

          Guy