RE: BOD Image Scaling in GEMS

Could you please add the following to the rcr list:

This is the RCR list.  Larry is subscribed.
When testing the Minolta Pageworks 20 as a BOD solution

A "BOD Solution" consists of at least three components:
  • BOD Software.
  • Hardware capable of reading ballots BOD ballots to some spec.
  • A printer capable of meeting that printing spec.
We need the scaling (magnification) of the ballot image across the paper to be within +/- 2% of the 100% size.

This would be a desirable feature of a BOD application.  Also:
  • The app would be standalone and capable of running on Windows 95/98.
  • Printing of Ballots (cards groups as opposed to cards) would print based on selecting base precinct, counter group, and party.  Similar to how smart cards are burned for the AccuVote-TS.
  • Allowing the user to make adjustments visually, instead of the remedial Cartesian math currently necessary with GEMS.
  • Tracking the number of ballots printed and destroyed.
  • Interfacing with voter reg systems.
  • Printing an alternate BOD format if it differed from the standard AccuVote artwork.
  I believe the issue could be solved by providing a method of scaling the ballot image size up or down and also a method of relocating the origin point

Ian, can you please clarify that statement for me.  Do you believe that adding scaling to a BOD application will make the Minolta 20/25 meet our AccuVote ballot specifications?

This should only have to be done once per computer/printer configuration.

That would surprise me.  If the 5si is any indication, the adjustment would have to be made every n-thousand ballots, after it was shipped, and during certain stellar alignments.

Ken