RE: VIBS with Spyrus on non-Vibs R4

From: owner-bugtrack@dieboldes.com [mailto:owner-bugtrack@dieboldes.com]On Behalf Of Greg Forsythe
Sent: Thursday, October 25, 2001 10:36 AM

BSNT-4-1-2 non VIBS R4, GEMS-1-18-4-1, CM-0-2-10
Election mode
Select asterisk on Spyrus to create VIBS card.
Caution appears when voter card has been read.

What is the caution?
Touch OK and election screen with flag appears.
Insert a non VIBS voter card.
Instructions and following screens are magnified voter card after voter card.
The only way back to a regular screen is the three fingered salute, re-boot, (I tried WD-40 and it didn't fix it).

Can you reproduce all this?  Please send me the .gbf file for your database directly.  Is this a VIBS database, or not?
Question:  Will a voter card programmed VIBS with a Spyrus inserted into a non VIBS R6 cause the same condition?

There is no such thing as a "non VIBS R6".  They are all the same units.  Only difference is they keypad and headphones plugged in, and the software isn't actually aware that they are in fact plugged in.

As to whether it behaves the same on NT as on CE, I have no idea, but I would suspect the answer is yes.  Please try to get yourself an R6 as soon as one becomes available.  You are important to the testing effort.  In the mean time, some one in support will need to be assigned to test your database for you.
If there is one VIBS out of 4 or 5 R6s in a voting location and the voter puts a VIBS card into a non VIBS R6 will that R6 have to be re-booted?

Again, there is no such thing as a non-VIBS R6.

Ken