Re: R6 Straight Party One Touch to change vote

As an elaboration on this, the straight party choice effects the selection of all candidates endorsed by the straight party selected, however, the voting areas next to each candidate are not disabled with the straight party selection.  As a result, it is possible to select alternate candidates without disabling the initial straight party choice, but once the alternate candidate is selected in a race, all voting areas in the race are disabled (provided the number of candidates selected is equal to the number to vote for).

Nel
----- Original Message -----
From: Larry Dix
Sent: Wednesday, May 02, 2001 3:01 PM
Subject: R6 Straight Party One Touch to change vote

On the R6 with a Harris County, TX ballot, I selected straight party.  It properly marked the party I selected, but when I went into the ballot,  I then could change a vote by simply touching a candidate of a different party.  The point I am making is that I did not have to touch the “Red X’ to remove the vote before I selected a vote for another candidate.  This sounds like a requirement that Pennsylvania had in changing a vote with “One Touch”.

Larry J. Dix

Vice President of Operations

Global Election Systems