RE: TEMPBALLOTV Already Exists Message

From: owner-bugtrack@dieboldes.com [mailto:owner-bugtrack@dieboldes.com]On Behalf Of Ken Clark
Sent: Friday, September 22, 2000 9:13 AM

Either this isn't the database with the problem, or it cured itself (both are viable).

Its the latter -- dumping and loading cures it.  Okay, the remaining question is "how did it happen".  I have looked at the code and know exactly what is caused the problem, but I don't know what triggers it.  Looks like Dianne hit an internal error some time along the way, but it is impossible to say which of the hundreds of possible internal errors it might have been, or how it was triggered.  If you can reproduce the problem, please let us know as someone else is bound to hit it somethime.

As a side note, please everyone, report all internal errors.  You don't get a beer, but they are still bugs.  I get the feeling that a lot of people hit internal errors but shrug them off if everything otherwise looks okay and continues to operate.  Problem is that internal errors are GEMS' way of saying that everything is not okay.

Ken