From: owner-rcr@dieboldes.com [mailto:owner-rcr@dieboldes.com]On Behalf Of Ian Piper
Sent: Thursday, May 04, 2000 10:54 AM
To: rcr@dieboldes.com
Subject: Re: Flagging a smart card as voted prior to the CAST BALLOT

-What is the point of waiting until the CAST BALLOT screen button is pressed

Attached.
I can understand the speed benefits of the original move from the opening of the ballot.  And I can understand the logic behind placing the process at the end.  But why not place it in between those two points when the voter's hands are busy making selections rather than pulling out voter cards prematurely?