RE: AVTS 3.12.5 - Ending an Election

Screen then displays "Please remove the disk and the voter card, then press Okay to shutdown the system".  There is no Okay button.

That sounds wrong.  Tab?
Removed disk and Admin. card it then threw me out to the desktop?....

I imagine it would shut down with the registry set up as Dmitry explained.  You should no longer need the admin card to perform any poll worker functions.
Go back into ballot station and the only options are Resume Counting, Reset to Pre-Election, Delete Election, Exit or Shutdown.  What happened to Transfer Results?

Transfer results is done through the poll book program.

Ken