From: owner-bugtrack@dieboldes.com [mailto:owner-bugtrack@dieboldes.com]On Behalf Of Ken Clark
Sent: Wednesday, February 23, 2000 6:43 PM
To: bugtrack@dieboldes.com
Subject: Important 1.15.x candidate type (RE: GEMS 1-15-3 - Hamilton County Database...)

Subject: RE: GEMS 1-15-3 - Hamilton County Database takeing Header Files and ading Votes to them

GEMS changed the Type from Header to Candidate.

This is just a display problem -- fixed.

This didn't sound very serious at the time, but this can unexpectedly change your write-in candidates to type candidate.  I am fixing this now and will make a 1.15.6 release in a few minutes.

Everyone running 1.15 needs to (1) check that their write-ins are intact and (2) upgrade to 1.15.6.  You can change the candidate type back without affecting your artwork.  If the memory cards have been programmed with the incorrect candidate type they will need to be reprogrammed however.  Puerto Rico and Hamilton I am most worried about here.

Ken