Re: 1-14-8 gems "An election with the same identifier is already open"

Jane has been testing this crash while printing reports and running CC and cannot reproduce -  should we continue testing or consider it a fluke ?
Tari
-----Original Message-----
From: Ken Clark <ken@dieboldes.com>
To: Bugs <bugtrack@dieboldes.com>
Date: Tuesday, February 15, 2000 2:58 PM
Subject: RE: 1-14-8 gems "An election with the same identifier is already open"

Under "Applications" or under "Processes"?  applications

You have to look under Processes.  Applications only shows the main windows thread, which is gone.  It is background tasks (notably the poster or central count) that cause the problem.
Can you reproduce it?  yes  on my laptop and Santa Barbara can too- they just did
they were running central count - didn't stop - were printing reports (summary by precinct) got thrown out of gems completely - back to desktop - went to open gems again and got the message above -  said ok- tried again and got in

Woah...  Back up here.  Are you saying you can you cause GEMS to crash by printing reports while running central count?  Can you reproduce this?  Has this been reported?  This is serious and needs to be tracked down.

You will almost certainly find a GEMS thread under Processes.  Kill it and you won't get the GEMS already open error when you restart.  But we need to track down and fix the crash.

Ken