Sent: Monday, January 20, 2003 9:53 AM
Subject: Planned server downtime.

Hi everyone,

It is my sad duty to announce that I will be taking our servers down for approximately 3 to 6 hours on Thursday, January 23.

Our office building is performing electrical maintenance, and must shut down all power. My UPS does not provide sufficient uptime to power our servers for 6 hours - if I am lucky, I might be able to get 3 hours from it.

The building is turning off power at 6.30pm Pacific time. Hopefully, power will be restored at 12:30am.

Servers being down means that the staff website and all resources contained within it will be unavailable. Email will also be unavailable.

Attached is the notice from the building.

Josh.