Accu-Vote Releases 1.94v and 1.94f@

  Our latest 1.94 releases have been rushed out to fix a bug that slipped out with 1.94u and 1.94f>.  Namely, 1.94u and 1.94f> fail to detect unvoted ballots and therefore cannot return blank ballots.

  By popular request we are also introducing an enhanced race identification display for ballots returned due to voting problems.  If the Accu-Vote is programmed to display race numbers, it will now also display the full race title by scrolling the title across the display.

  We have long wanted to have a better way to identify the race that caused the ballot return but most of the ideas considered have been very complicated and suffered serious tradeoffs.  After much discussion, we have settled on scrolling the entire race title.  The biggest problem with this solution is that the display ends with just the tail of the race title left on the display.  If you miss a needed part of the message, you will need to re-feed the ballot to see the message again.  Feel free to discuss this implementation on our support@ mailing list.

  Send your orders to Ian in our McKinney office.

               Guy

file:///D|/prj/av/gpc194v.htm
--
Guy Lancaster <glanca@dieboldes.com>
Global Election Systems Inc., Victoria, B.C., Canada

Title: Accu-Vote Release 1.94v
RELEASE NOTES
Accu-Vote 2000 - Release 1.94v
Revised February 25, 1999

Purpose

To fix bug which prevents returning unvoted ballots as blank.

Compatibility

The 1.94v release of the Accu-Vote firmware is based on the 1.94u release. The precinct count upload protocol remains compatible with all 1.9x VTS versions. The precinct count download protocol and the memory cards are compatible with previous 1.94 releases.

Precinct Counter (PC) Release

Versions
  • (AE PC Rel 1.94v) Precinct Counter American English Release 1.94v with checksums A:7F66 and B:DAEC dated 99-2-24.
    Title: Accu-Vote Release 1.94f@
    RELEASE NOTES
    Accu-Vote 2000 - Release 1.94f@

    The 1.94f@ release of the Accu-Vote firmware is based on the 1.94f> release. The precinct count upload protocol remains compatible with all 1.9x VTS versions. The precinct count download protocol and the memory cards are compatible with previous 1.94 releases.

    Precinct Counter (PC) Release

    Versions
  • (AE PC Rel 1.94f@) Precinct Counter American English Release 1.94f@ with checksums A:7E12 and B:DA0E dated 99-2-24.