PurchasingSCS Computing Facilities provides purchasing of technical items and property-management-related services to members of the SCS community:
- Technical Procurement: Responsible for purchasing technical equipment.
- Receiving: The central receiving/pickup point for shipments to the School of Computer Science.
To contact SCS Computing Facilities about either function, send email to the SCS Help Desk.
For details on how to buy equipment through SCS Computing Facilities see Make a purchase.
Our Glossary defines several terms that have specific meanings within the University purchasing system. The first use of such terms in the text below will be italicized and linked to its definition.capital and noncapital, should be arranged through SCS Computing Facilities if the cost, including shipping, exceeds $1000. Noncapital Tartan Card purchases can be made either by SCS Computing Facilities or by the cardholder. For nontechnical purchases (such as, consulting or furniture), contact Brett Sullivan.
- Capital equipment purchases cannot be made using Oracle strings that are within 90 days of their final close.
- Be sure to have a PO created by SCS Computing Facilities and any necessary supporting documentation in place before technical services are rendered or products are ordered.
Purchases may be picked up between the hours of 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday.
You must pick up your order within 30 days of notification or make special arrangements with us. To make a special arrangement, please contact the SCS Help Desk.
Resources and Forms
The following Websites and forms relate to purchasing, receiving, and property-management tasks:
- CMU Procurement Services
- The Procurement Services website maintains numerous purchasing-related forms, including the:
- Preferred supplier program overview, with indexes by supplier and commodity
- Purchasing Checklist and Bid Summary Form
- Off-Campus Authorization Form
- Complete this form if you intend to take equipment off campus. This form is mandatory for laptop purchases.
- Recommended PC Configurations
- A list of PC configurations recommended by SCS Computing Facilities.
- Configure and Administer SCS Equipment
- Complete this form to register for SCS Computing Facilities services for computing equipment.
- CMU Property Accounting Services
- Keep track of asset tags and the equipment to which they are attached.