SCS Computing Facilities will decommission the SCS iPass service on July 31, 2017. Going forward, SCSCF is not planning to establish a direct relationship with any wireless Internet service provider. For users who still require a global roaming provider, we recommend that you begin by considering Boingo or GOGO.
iPassConnect was part of the base image preloaded on many SCS provisioned computers. If you have ipassConnect installed on your computer, instructions for uninstalling it from both Windows and macOS operating systems are below.
Uninstall iPass Connect from Microsoft Windows:
- Right-click the Windows System Tray icon and choose Exit
- Go to Start > Settings > Control Panel
- Select Add/Remove
- Select iPassConnect from the list and click Add/Remove
- Follow the prompts for Uninstallation
- Click Finish to complete the uninstallation and exit the wizard
Uninstall iPass Connect from macOS:
- Open Finder
- Go to the Applications folder
- Locate the iPass Connect icon
- Control+Click on the iPass Connect icon and select Move to Trash
- Alternately you can click and drag the iPass Connect icon to the Trash
- The program will not be completely removed from the computer until Trash is emptied