Transition SCS Services
When you transition to a new relationship with the CMU School of Computer Science (graduate, retire, leave job, etc.), you will receive an email indicating your access to SCS services is changing. Because access to services is through your SCS userid and Andrew ID, the change process is called de-provisioning.
Use the guide below as you transition your SCS email, file storage, and other SCS computing-related services to new services and storage locations.
- SCS Computing Facilities will forward your email@example.com email to your new firstname.lastname@example.org email account.
- We will not migrate your SCS email. Therefore, you will need to export your email to an email account of your choice.
- You will only receive email sent to your SCS email address. You will no longer be able to send email from this email address.
- Please see the Alumni Association website for additional details about your new CMU Alumni account.
Faculty & Staff
- Your email@example.com email account will be disabled and you will no longer receive email sent to this email address.
- You will need to export your email to an external email account of your choice.
AFS (Andrew File System)
- Delete any files that you do not want to keep.
- Use a secure FTP program to move files to your personal computer's hard drive, removable media or another storage location.
Download files stored in the cloud
- If you have SCS files stored in Box or G Suite @ CMU, be sure to download them to an external hard drive, removable media or another storage location before your Andrew account transitions.
- Please see the Computing Services website for additional details about the transition of your Andrew account.
- If you have a personal web page in AFS that is served by the main SCS web servers, you can have requests to that page redirected to your new hosting site by sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org to redirect your current URL www.cs.cmu.edu/~username to the new URL that you provide.
- Note: if you do not redirect your website you will not have the ability to make edits or additions to the existing site in its current location in AFS.