W. Kent (Mac) McGregor's Illustrious Career
Return to Stop-Narconon.org
- Kent McGregor was found to have "willfully, maliciously and intentionally
sexually assaulted" a patient on July 16, 1987, for which he was
found liable in the amount of one million dollars. McGregor's
employer, Charter Counseling Center, was found
negligent for having hired McGregor and failing to supervise him.
The court noted that "Plaintiff presented evidence that members of
Charter's staff ... knew of McGregor's past substance abuse problem
and his lack of recent clinical experience following his treatment for
- After leaving Charter, McGregor worked for CARF, the Committee on Accreditation of Rehab
Facilities, and in 1992 was involved in the initial accreditation of
Narconon Chilocco in Oklahoma, which later became Narconon
- McGregor later married a Narconon employee, and Kent and Jette McGregor moved to Europe for a
while. More on this time period can be found in these Usenet postings by Chris Owen and
- When Kent McGregor filed for bankruptcy in 2002 he concealed from
the court his outstanding debt to the victim of his 1987 sexual
assault. After the victim opposed his bankruptcy filing, McGregor was
forced to admit his fraud upon the
court and finally settle with his
- Kent McGregor served on the Advisory
Board of Narconon International. Although he was later erased from their web site and
photoshopped out of the advisory board group photo, he claims to still
work for them as an FSM (see below).
- Kent and Jette McGregor returned to Narconon Arrowhead as
employees around 2002.
- According to his LinkedIn
profile (archived full version as of February 2013 here), McGregor presently runs a
drug counseling consulting service called PITA Group, Inc. in
McAlester, Oklahoma under the name "Mac McGregor". He is also
using that name on his ZoomInfo profile,
where he claims to be a "diplomate" of the Board of Addiction Examiners
of the NAFC (National Association of Forensic Counselors). NAFC reportedly denies this.
- McGregor is also the proprietor of texas-drug-rehabs.org.
- McGregor's LinkedIn profile says he is an "FSM" at Narconon
Arrowhead and PUR Detox. FSM
(Field Staff Member) is a Church of Scientology term for a salesman
who earns commissions.
- In 2013 McGregor was accused of having helped Narconon employees
on written exams in 2002-2004 to become certified chemical
dependency counselors. Details appear on page 105 of Lucas Catton's
You Told All? Inside My Time With Narconon and Scientology.
Last modified: Sat Apr 27 18:00:32 EDT 2013