André Platzer is the Alexander von Humboldt Professor for Logic of Autonomous Dynamical Systems at Karlsruhe Institute of Technology and a Professor of Computer Science at Carnegie Mellon University. He develops logics for dynamical systems to characterize the logical foundations of cyber-physical systems and to answer the question how we can trust a computer to control physical processes. The solution to this challenge is the key to enabling computer assistance that we can bet our lives on. Prof. Platzer pursues this challenge with the principled design of programming languages with logics that can provide proofs as correctness guarantees. [textbook | mission | survey | videos | research]
|Alexander von Humboldt Professor||Professor of Computer Science|
|KIT Department of Informatics||Computer Science Department|
|Karlsruhe Institute of Technology||Carnegie Mellon University|
|Am Fasanengarten 5||5000 Forbes Avenue|
|76131 Karlsruhe, Germany||Pittsburgh, PA 15213-3891, USA|
|Office:||Building 50.34, Room 155||Office:||GHC 9103|
|Phone:||+49 721 608-43391||Phone:||+1 412 268-1558|
- Research interests:
- Logic of Dynamical Systems, Logic of Autonomous Dynamical Systems, Logic in Computer Science, Cyber-Physical Systems, Programming Languages, Theorem Proving, Formal Methods
The KeYmaera X aXiomatic Theorem Prover for Hybrid Systems is a verification tool. It is based on differential dynamic logic, which provides the Logical Foundations of Cyber-Physical Systems as explained in a recent textbook.
If you want to do research with me, you should take the Logical Foundations of Cyber-Physical Systems course, read the textbook and/or watch the video lectures.
- Yong Kiam Tan received the CMU School of Computer Science Distinguished Dissertation Award
- Recruiting PhD students / postdocs with suitable experience.
- New course on Logical Foundations of Cyber-Physical Systems at KIT
- Alexander von Humboldt Professorship for AI 2023: KIT, CMU.
- CADE-28: The 28th International Conference on Automated Deduction went Open Access
- KeYmaera X Tutorial on hybrid systems modeling and proving
- Video lectures on Logical Foundations of Cyber-Physical Systems for the textbook
- Textbook on Logical Foundations of Cyber-Physical Systems 2018
- Lectures at Marktoberdorf Summer School 2019