16-311 Introduction to Robotics
Prof. Howie Choset
(Spring 2006 version here)
Due at beginning of class on Wednesday, April 18th
- Forward Kinematics
- Modify your wavefront planner to favor NOT changing
directions, whenever possible. i.e., if the choice is between
two directions and one is the same direction you went in the
previous step, then choose that direction.
- Draw the intermediate motions for a wedge that undergoes
Trans (Y, Δy1) Rot (Z, θ1)
Trans (Y, Δy2) Rot (X, θ2)
- Let be a homogenous tranformation.
that H is either a translation followed by a rotation or a rotation
following by a translation.
(i.e., show that it is or is not a rotation followed by a translation, and show that it is or is not a translation followed by a rotation)
(3&4) Consider the following robot
- What are the parameters and variables for the robot
- Derive the forward kinematics for the robot, i.e., write an expression
for x,y, &Theta in terms of the joint parameters and variables.
Lab demo on 4/17 in class.
Submit hardcopy for individual assignment at the beginning of class on 4/18.
Last updated 1/11/07 by Kate Killfoile