The application deadline for domestic applicants has been extended through Nov. 1. Classes begin January 2018.
We're excited that you're ready to apply. Submit your application by one of the deadlines below, and we'll send you a notification of our decision by the date in the chart. If you're admitted, you must submit a $2,500 non-refundable deposit and credential verification release (ReVera) by the deposit deadline to secure your spot in the program. If you're an international student, apply during Round One to allow adequate time for student visa processing.
|Round One||Round Two|
|Application Deadline||July 1, 2017 |
11:59 p.m., EDT
|August 15, 2017|
11:59 p.m., EDT
|Decision Notification||September 1, 2017||October 16, 2017|
|Deposit and ReVera Release||September 15, 2017||November 1, 2017|
Preparing Your Application
You MUST complete the following application components. Read the instructions carefully to ensure that you provide everything we've requested, otherwise your application may be delayed. If you have any questions, refer to our Frequently Asked Questions, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-268-5687. Your application must include:
- Current resume
- GMAT or GRE scores
- English language proficiency scores, if applicable
- Letters of recommendation
You must upload a copy of your current resume. Your resume should be one to two pages highlighting your professional career achievements. It should use a standard (i.e., Times New Roman or Arial), 12-pt. font. Be sure to list months and years of work experience for every position you've held. You may also upload a one-page document that provides more detailed information about your experience.
Upload unofficial transcripts (not web transcripts) for all schools attended in the application. You transcripts must include:
- Degree Name — if you earned a degree, the name is on the transcript (i.e., bachelor of science, master of arts)
Degree Conferral Date — if you earned a degree, the date you earned it is on the transcript.
Degree Certificate — if you earned a degree and the degree name/conferral date are not on the transcript, you must upload a copy of your degree certificate, which includes this information.
Grading Scale — include the grading scale for every university you attended, so we know what your grades mean. This information is often on the back of the transcript. If not, please contact the university to obtain it.
Official Translation — if the transcript is not in English, upload both the transcript in the original language and the official translated copy so we can read it.
If your uploaded transcript is missing any of the required information, we will contact you to provide the missing items and your application will be delayed.
- Scores are valid for five years and must be valid at the time you submit your application.
- If you have taken the GMAT/GRE more than once, report the highest score when you complete the online application.
- You must request that the testing agency send the official score to our program so we can verify the score you entered into the application.
Candidates must demonstrate a level of competence in English to meet the university's admissions requirements. You must take a TOEFL or IELTS exam unless:
- You attended and earned a bachelor's degree from an undergraduate institution where the sole language of instruction was English.
- You earned a graduate degree from an institution where the sole language of instruction was English. (Although not required, we do recommend that you take the English Language Proficiency exam.)
Note the following regarding the TOEFL/IELTS:
- Scores are valid for two years and must be valid at the time you submit your application.
- You must request that the testing agency send your official score to our program so we can verify the score you entered in the application. Use the following codes: TOEFL Program Code: Institutional Code = 2074; Departmental Code = 02; IELTS Program Code: Select "Carnegie Mellon" and the "Tepper School of Business
- If you earned a degree from a non-U.S. institution, your academic documents should state that the sole language of instruction was English in order to be eligible for a TOEFL/IELTS waiver. If your academic documents don't include this, you should upload an official letter from the university registrar indicating English as the mode of instruction for the entirety of the degree.
Read more about the TOEFL if you have questions.
As part of the application, you need to answer these three essay questions:
- What is your professional goal immediately following graduation from Carnegie Mellon? (up to 150 words)
- Describe how your academic and professional background prepares you for success in the Master of Science in Product Management program (300-500 words).
- What is your objective in pursuing a product management degree and why are you applying to Carnegie Mellon? (300-500 words)
We require three recommendations and prefer that you select someone from your professional life. Ideally, you will pick a current or previous supervisor, but the best recommenders are people who can speak to your strengths at work. When you complete your application, submit contact information for your recommenders and we will email them with a request to submit their letters online.
Admissions interviews are granted at the discretion of the admissions committee after an initial review of your application. You will receive additional information about the interview process at the time of invitation.
All applicants must pay a $125 application fee. You can pay online using a credit card when you submit your application.
Credential Verification (ReVera)
We are committed to ensuring the integrity of our admissions process and the reputation of our educational programs. We also want to protect and enhance the value of the degrees that we confer on our students. To guard against any allegations that candidates may have misrepresented themselves in their admissions applications, we established an independent verification of applicant credential for all of our master's students. This process supports our efforts to ensure integrity throughout the program. Candidates will be required to submit a fee and verification release form (your approval for the process to begin) at the time of deposit to our credential verification partner, ReVera. Details will be provided in the admission letter.
Contact the MSPM Admissions team with questions at 412-268-5687 or email@example.com.