15-213/18-213/15-513/18-613 Intro to Computer Systems: Assignments
There will be weekly written assignments:
- Each assignment consists of 1-3 questions that require students to write single paragraph answers.
- You will have approximately 1 week to prepare a PDF with your answer(s) in English / C / etc.
- They will be released and collected on Canvas.
- Three student peers will provide short, constructive feedback and a score (1-10).
- Grading of Assignments: Each student will be graded according to the following three parts (each part weighted equally):
- Does the student's handin indicate any effort (not a homework for another class, not copying from the book)?
- What is the maximum of the three numerical scores assigned by the peer reviewers?
- Did the student complete their peer reviews, providing constructive feedback?
- Assignments are due at 11:59 pm on the specified due date Eastern Time. There are no late submissions and Canvas will generally accept one submission. Please be aware of these restrictions when working on your submission and your peer reviews.
- There will be 12 written assignments in all. We will drop your two lowest scores. The 10 remaining are each worth 2% of your course grade.
We will provide you with a model solution and a grading rubric after
an assignment is due, to guide you in your peer reviews. This
two-part (writing and evaluating) sequence has been shown to improve
student learning. As your peers are grading these anonymously, you are
not required to include your name either in your submission or
feedback. If you disagree with the feedback from your peers, you can
make a private post on Piazza within 7 days, as per any other regrades
in the course.
If the feedback you received is offensive or otherwise not in
support of a welcoming and inclusive climate, please email your Professor.