Yu-Xiang Wang's Homepage
Yu-Xiang Wang 王宇翔
Address: GHC-8120, Gates Hillman Complex, 4902 Forbes Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15213
E-mail: yuxiangw AT cs.cmu.edu
Yu-Xiang is pronounced approximately as ['ju:'ʃi:ʌŋ], namely, y~eu~ee - sh~ih~ah~ng .
Hello! Welcome to my homepage. I am a PhD student at Machine Learning Department, School of Computer Science, Carnegie Mellon University. I work with Stephen Fienberg, Alex Smola, Ryan Tibshirani and Jing Lei on a variety of topics in machine learning, optimization and statistics. My recent interests include locally adaptive nonparametric regression, differential privacy, adaptive data analysis, subspace clustering and various ways to scale learning algorithms to big data.
Prior to joining CMU, I had two wonderful years working with Huan Xu (on matrix factorization and subspace clustering) and Loong-Fah Cheong (on practical/robust matrix completion and structure from motion) at National University of Singapore. Even before that, I was an FYP student in Prof. Ben M. Chen's UAV group, where I spent a good part of a year building intelligent indoor rotorcrafts.
- Dec 2016: Attended NIPS at Barcelona.
- Aug 2016: Paper "Total Variation Classes Beyond 1d: Minimax Rates, and the Limitations of Linear Smoothers" accepted to NIPS'2016.
- May 2016: Internship at Microsoft Research NYC.
- Apr 2016: Paper "Parallel and Distributed Block-Coordinate Frank-Wolfe" accepted to ICML'2016.
- Jan 2016: Paper "DiFacto: Distributed Factorization Machine" at WSDM'16 received Best Paper Honorable Mention.
- Dec 2015: Two papers accepted to AISTATS'2016.
- Nov 2015: Received Baidu Scholarship.