Currently, I am Project Scientist at the Machine Learning Department, Carnegie Mellon University, working with Prof. Eric P. Xing.
I obtained my Ph.D. degree in the School of Data and Computer Science at Sun Yat-sen University in June 2016, advised by Prof. Liang Lin. I was a visiting scholar from March, 2014 to March, 2016 in the Department of EECS of the National University of Singapore, working with Prof. Shuicheng Yan. I have closely collarborated with Dr. Xiaohui Shen in Adobe Research and Dr. Jianchao Yang in SnapChat Research from 2014 to 2016. I was a research intern at the Multimedia Analysis Group of NEC Laboratories from June, 2013 to December, 2013, supervised by Dr. Rui Huang. I received my B.S. degrees from the Sun Yat-sen University in June, 2011.
8116 Gates-Hillman Center (GHC), SCS
Carnegie Mellon University
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
Email: xdliang328 AT gmail.com / xiaodan1 AT cs.cmu.edu
My general research interest is to develop structured machine learning techniques for computer vision tasks. I mainly investigate how to exploit the human commonsense and incorporate them to develop the advanced artificial intelligence system. Recently, I focus on
- Video Analysis, including detection, captioning, summarization and prediction.
- Medical and Biological image analysis
- Deep Learning, including Graph LSTM, structure learning
- Human-centric Analysis, including 2D/3D human pose estimation, human parsing, face analysis
- Unsupervised Learning
- Five papers are accepted by NIPS 2018
- Excited to release our text generation toolkit Texar. Checkout the GitHub repo and our Tech Report!
- I will organize the Tutorial on Structured Deep Learning for Pixel-level Understanding at ACM MM’18.
- Eight papers are accepted by ECCV 2018 with two orals
- Our team won the 2nd place in Key Points Detection of Apparel Track of FashionAI Global Challenge 2018-Alibaba Cloud
- I am organizing the CVPR 2018 Workshop and Challenge
Visual Understanding of Humans in Crowd Scene and the 2nd Look Into Person (LIP) Challenge
- Three papers are accepted by CVPR 2018 (2 spotlights), one paper is accepted by KDD 2018, one paper is accepted by MICCAI 2018, one paper is accepted by IROS 2018.
- One paper is accepted by NIPS 2017.
- Four papers are accepted by ICCV 2017.
- I am organizing the CVPR 2017 Workshop and Challenge
Visual Understanding of Humans in Crowd Scene and the 1st Look Into Person (LIP) Challenge
- Guest editors of the journal of Multimedia Tools and Applications Special Issue on MM Data
Representation Learning and Applications
? Guest Editor of Pattern Recognition Letters Special Issue on Image/Video Understanding and Analysis.
- I am a Programm Committee member of CVPR 2017, IJCAI 2017-2018, AAAI 2017-2019.
- Reviewer for TPAMI, IJCV, TKDE, TMM, TIP, TNNLS, TCSVT, and so on
- Reviewer for CVPR, ECCV, ACM MM, AAAI, NIPS, IJCAI, and so on
Awards and Honors
- Medium Press
- ACM China Best Doctoral Dissertation Award, 2018
- CCF Best Doctoral Dissertation Award, 2018
- National Scholarship, 2015
- National Scholarship, 2014
- Postgraduate Studentship, Sun Yat-sen University, 2011-2016
- Academic Excellence Award, Sun Yat-sen University, 2007- 2011
- National Undergraduate mathematical modeling contest, Second Prize, 2009
- Flowering Softward Innovation Contest university level, First Prize, 2009