List of Commercial Websites
From ScribbleWiki: Analysis of Social Media
Here is a list of web sites where you can experience Social Media.
This page was created by Hideki.
- del.icio.us, Furl - For bookmarks
- Technorati, Spotplex - For blogs
- Flickr - For photos
- Rojo, Feedwhip - For RSS
- Connotea, citeulike - For academic papers
- Youtube - For videos
- Amazon - For books
- BlogPulse - Search trends in "Trend Search" or see what's buzz in "Featured Trends"
- Google Trends - More features available than BlogPulse. When you search in CMU , you will see Thailand is ranked highest in region and Mount Pleasant, MI, USA is ranked highest in cities; CMU can stand for Chiang Mai University and Central Michigan University :-).
- Community Buzz - Tool for sharing knowledge on Microsoft products. See also here.
- The BuzzMonitor - Downloadable software by World Bank.
- Sucks/rocks - Compare competitive items in ratio of positive/negative sentiments
- Opinmind - Find opinions on a given topic.
- Epinions - Browse reviews on a product with a 5-scale rank. A data collected from this website is often used in research experiment.
Social Networking Services
There's a lot of SNS. Also see List of social networking websites in wikipedia
- Peopleized - Link people through interviews
- Election Prediction Project - Predict the result of elections through analysis of factual information and punditry specific to the electoral districts
- Political Trends - Trend analysis of politics in Blogosphere. You can browse positive/negative/neutral ratio on foreign policies, politicians etc.