- Ting-Hao K. Huang, Francis Ferraro, Nasrin Mostafazadeh, Ishan Misra, Jacob Devlin, Aishwarya Agrawal, Ross Girshick, Xiaodong He, Pushmeet Kohli, Dhruv Batra, Larry Zitnick, Devi Parikh, Lucy Vanderwende, Michel Galley and Margaret Mitchell. (2016). Visual Storytelling. In proc. the 15th Annual Conference of the North American Chapter of the Association for Computational Linguistics (NAACL 2016), June, 2016, San Diego, CA, USA. [Arxiv]
- Ting-Hao K. Huang, Amos Azaria, Jeffrey P Bigham. (2016). InstructableCrowd: Creating IF-THEN Rules via Conversations with the Crowd. In CHI '16 Late-Breaking Work on Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI LBW 2016), May, 2016, San Jose, CA, USA. [Local] [BIB] [Video] [Poster]
- Ting-Hao K. Huang, Walter S Lasecki, Jeffrey P Bigham. (2015). Guardian: A Crowd-Powered Spoken Dialog System for Web APIs. Conference on Human Computation & Crowdsourcing (HCOMP 2015), pages 62–71, November, 2015, San Diego, USA. [Local] [Official] [BIB] [Slides]
- Francis Ferraro, Nasrin Mostafazadeh, Ting-Hao K. Huang, Lucy Vanderwende, Jacob Devlin, Michel Galley, Margaret Mitchell. (2015). A Survey of Current Datasets for Vision and Language Research. Conference on Empirical Methods in Natural Language Processing (EMNLP 2015), pages 207–213, September, 2015, Lisbon, Portugal. [Local] [Official] [BIB] [Website] [Arxiv]
- Ting-Hao K. Huang, Yun-Nung Chen, Lingpeng Kong. (2015). ACBiMA: Advanced Chinese Bi-Character Word Morphological Analyzer. The 8th SIGHAN Workshop on Chinese Language Processing (SIGHAN 2015), page 26-31, July 30-31, 2015, Beijing, China. [Local] [Official] [BIB] [Slides] [Website]
- Ting-Hao K. Huang, Walter S. Lasecki, Alan L. Ritter, Jeffrey P. Bigham. (2014). Combining Non-Expert and Expert Crowd Work to Convert Web APIs to Dialog Systems. Work-in-Progress paper in the Proceeding of Conference on Human Computation & Crowdsourcing (HCOMP 2014), pages 22-23, November 2-4, 2014, Pittsburgh, USA. [Local] [Official] [BIB] [Slides] [Poster]
- Ting-Hao (Kenneth) Huang. (2013). Social Metaphor Detection via Topical Analysis. IJCNLP 2013 Workshop on Natural Language Processing for Social Media (SocialNLP), pages 14–22, Nagoya, Japan, 14 October 2013. [PDF] [BIB] [Slides] [Journal Version]
- Ting-Hao (Kenneth) Huang, Ho-Cheng Yu and Hsin-Hsi Chen. (2012). Modeling Pollyanna Phenomena in Chinese Sentiment Analysis. In Proceedings of COLING 2012: Demonstration Papers (COLING 2012), pages 231–238, Mumbai, December 2012. [Local] [Official] [BIB] [Poster]
- Ho-Cheng Yu, Ting-Hao (Kenneth) Huang and Hsin-Hsi Chen. (2012). Domain Dependent Word Polarity Analysis for Sentiment Classification (領域相關詞彙極性分析及文件情緒分類之研究). Proceedings of the 24th ROCLING conference.
- Lun-Wei Ku, Ting-Hao (Kenneth) Huang, and Hsin-Hsi Chen. (2011). Predicting Opinion Dependency Relations for Opinion Analysis. Proceeding of IJCNLP 2011. [Local] [Official] [BIB]
- Ting-Hao Huang, Lun-Wei Ku, and Hsin-Hsi Chen. (2010). Predicting Morphological Types of Chinese Bi-Character Words by Machine Learning Approaches. Proceedings of LREC 2010, Malta, pp. 844-850. [Local] [Official] [BIB] [Poster]
- Lun-Wei Ku, Ting-Hao Huang, and Hsin-Hsi Chen. (2010). Construction of a Chinese Opinion Treebank. Proceeding of LREC 2010, Malta, pp. 1315-1319. [Local] [Official] [BIB]
- Lun-Wei Ku, Ting-Hao Huang, and Hsin-Hsi Chen. (2009). Using Morphological and Syntactic Structures for Chinese Opinion Analysis. Proceedings of EMNLP 2009, Singapore, pp. 1260-1269. [Local] [Official] [BIB]
- Ho-Cheng Yu, Ting-Hao Huang, and Hsin-Hsi Chen. (2012). Domain Dependent Word Polarity Analysis for Sentiment Classification (領域相關詞彙極性分析及文件情緒分類之研究). International Journal of Computational Linguistics and Chinese Language Processing (IJCLCLP), 17(3-4): Special Issue on ROCLING 2012. (Published) [PDF]
- Ting-Hao Huang. (2009). Automatic Extraction of Intra- and Inter- word Syntactic Structures for Chinese Opinion Analysis (應用於中文意見分析之詞內暨詞間語法結構自動擷取研究). Master thesis, GINM, National Taiwan University, Taipei. [PDF] [BIB]
I am Kenneth Huang (Ting-Hao, 黃挺豪). I am currently a PhD student in Language Technologies Institute (LTI) of Carnegie Mellon University (CMU). My main research interests are in crowd-powered system and natural language processing.
I obtained my B.S. degree in Computer Science and my B.A. in Chinese Literature from National Taiwan University (NTU) in 2007. I then worked with Prof. Hsin-Hsi Chen on sentiment analysis and received my M.S. in Computer Science from NTU. Later in 2011, I started my study in LTI, CMU with Prof. Teruko Mitamura on metaphor detection and interpretation.
After receiving my second M.S. in Computer Science, I developed my research interests toward the collaboration between language technology and crowd intelligence. I am now working with Prof. Jeffery Bigham in Human-Computer Interaction Institute to explore the possibility of combining language technology into crowd-powered systems.
Asides from research, I also consider myself a writer. I write fictions, essays, poems, and drama scripts in Mandarin. You can find some of my work on my Mandarin blog (風神之舞).
More details can be found in my CV.
As a Researcher
Yahoo! Fellowship (2014)
In the Project InMind of CMU
LTI Student Research Symposium 2013: Best Poster (2013)
ACBiMA: Advanced Chinese Bi-Character Word Morphological Analyzer
As a Writer
- "Mystery Writers of Taiwan" Membership (2010-)
"Mystery Writers of Taiwan": Mystery Fiction Award 2010 台灣推理作家協會徵文獎首獎 (2010)
Short Story: "The Maiden's Prayer" 〈少女的祈禱〉
"Taipei The Less" Essay Prize: First Prize (2005)
Flash Fiction: "Genesis in Taipei."