- Ting-Hao K. Huang, Walter S. Lasecki, Alan L. Ritter, Jeffrey P. Bigham. (2014). Combining Non-Expert and Expert Crowd Work to Convert Web APIs to Dialog Systems. Work-in-Progress paper in the Proceeding of Conference on Human Computation & Crowdsourcing (HCOMP 2014), November 2-4, 2014, Pittsburgh, USA. [PDF] [BIB] [Slides] [Poster]
- Ting-Hao (Kenneth) Huang. (2013). Social Metaphor Detection via Topical Analysis. IJCNLP 2013 Workshop on Natural Language Processing for Social Media (SocialNLP), pages 14–22, Nagoya, Japan, 14 October 2013. [PDF] [BIB] [Slides] [Journal Version]
- Ting-Hao (Kenneth) Huang, Ho-Cheng Yu and Hsin-Hsi Chen. (2012). Modeling Pollyanna Phenomena in Chinese Sentiment Analysis. Proceedings of the COLING 2012 as a demo paper. [PDF] [BIB] [Poster]
- Ho-Cheng Yu, Ting-Hao (Kenneth) Huang and Hsin-Hsi Chen. (2012). Domain Dependent Word Polarity Analysis for Sentiment Classification (領域相關詞彙極性分析及文件情緒分類之研究). Proceedings of the 24th ROCLING conference.
- Lun-Wei Ku, Ting-Hao (Kenneth) Huang, and Hsin-Hsi Chen. (2011). Predicting Opinion Dependency Relations for Opinion Analysis. Proceeding of IJCNLP 2011. [PDF] [BIB]
- Ting-Hao Huang, Lun-Wei Ku, and Hsin-Hsi Chen. (2010). Predicting Morphological Types of Chinese Bi-Character Words by Machine Learning Approaches. Proceedings of LREC 2010, Malta, pp. 844-850. [PDF] [BIB] [Poster]
- Lun-Wei Ku, Ting-Hao Huang, and Hsin-Hsi Chen. (2010). Construction of a Chinese Opinion Treebank. Proceeding of LREC 2010, Malta, pp. 1315-1319. [PDF] [BIB]
- Lun-Wei Ku, Ting-Hao Huang, and Hsin-Hsi Chen. (2009). Using Morphological and Syntactic Structures for Chinese Opinion Analysis. Proceedings of EMNLP 2009, Singapore, pp. 1260-1269. [PDF] [BIB]
- Ho-Cheng Yu, Ting-Hao Huang, and Hsin-Hsi Chen. (2012). Domain Dependent Word Polarity Analysis for Sentiment Classification (領域相關詞彙極性分析及文件情緒分類之研究). International Journal of Computational Linguistics and Chinese Language Processing (IJCLCLP), 17(3-4): Special Issue on ROCLING 2012. (Published) [PDF]
- Ting-Hao Huang. (2009). Automatic Extraction of Intra- and Inter- word Syntactic Structures for Chinese Opinion Analysis (應用於中文意見分析之詞內暨詞間語法結構自動擷取研究). Master thesis, GINM, National Taiwan University, Taipei. [PDF] [BIB]
I am Kenneth Huang (Ting-Hao, 黃挺豪). I am currently a PhD student in Language Technologies Institute (LTI) of Carnegie Mellon University (CMU). My main research interests are in crowd-powered system and natural language processing.
I obtained my B.S. degree in Computer Science and my B.A. in Chinese Literature from National Taiwan University (NTU) in 2007. I then worked with Prof. Hsin-Hsi Chen on sentiment analysis and received my M.S. in Computer Science from NTU. Later in 2011, I started my study in LTI, CMU with Prof. Teruko Mitamura on metaphor detection and interpretation.
After receiving my second M.S. in Computer Science, I developed my research interests toward the collaboration between language technology and crowd intelligence. I am now working with Prof. Jeffery Bigham in Human-Computer Interaction Institute to explore the possibility of combining language technology into crowd-powered systems.
Asides from research, I also consider myself a writer. I write fictions, essays, poems, and drama scripts in Mandarin. You can find some of my work on my Mandarin blog (風神之舞).
As a Researcher
Yahoo! Fellowship (2014)
In the Project InMind of CMU
LTI Student Research Symposium 2013: Best Poster (2013)
ACBiMA: Advanced Chinese Bi-Character Word Morphological Analyzer
As a Writer
- "Mystery Writers of Taiwan" Membership (2010-)
"Mystery Writers of Taiwan": Mystery Fiction Award 2010 台灣推理作家協會徵文獎首獎 (2010)
Short Story: "The Maiden's Prayer" 〈少女的祈禱〉
"Taipei The Less" Essay Prize: First Prize (2005)
Flash Fiction: "Genesis in Taipei."