WebMate: A Personal Agent for World-Wide Web Browsing and Searching
WebMate is part of the Intelligent Software Agents project headed by Katia Sycara.
It is a personal agent for World-Wide Web browsing and searching developed by Liren Chen. It accompanies you when you travel on the internet and provides you what you want.
- Searching enhancement, including parallel search (it
can send search request to the current popular search engines and get results
from them, reorder them according to how much overlapping among the different
search engines), searching keywords refinement using our relevant
keywords extraction technology, relevant feedback, etc.
- Browsing assistant, including learning your current
interesting, recommending you new URLs according to your profile
and selected resources, giving some URL a short name or alias,
monitoring bookmarks of Netscape or IE, getting more like
the current browsing page,
sending the current browsing page to your friends, prefetching
the following hyperlinks at the current browsing page, etc.
- Offline browsing, including downloading the following
pages from the current page for offline browsing, getting the references
of some pages and printing it out.
- Filtering HTTP header, including recording http header
and all the transactions between your browser and WWW servers, filtering the
cookie to protect your privacy, block the animation gif
file to speed up your browsing, etc.
- Checking the HTML page to find the errors in it, checking embedded
links in to find the dead links for your learning to write HTML pages or maintain
your webmate site, etc.
- Dynamically setting up all kinds of resources, including search engines,
dictionaries available in the WWW, online translation systems available in
the WWW, etc.
- Programming in Java, independent of operating system, runing in multi-thread.
Enjoy it only when you try it !
Comments and suggestions