SCS Student Awards|
School of Computer Science, Carnegie Mellon University
Pittsburgh PA 15213-3891
(412)268-8525 . (412)268-5576 (fax)
Key Scientific Challenges Program
– Supporting the academic community is a top priority at Yahoo!.
The Yahoo! Key Scientific Challenges Program was created to recognize
outstanding graduate-student researchers who will have the greatest
potential to make significant contributions and become thought leaders
in their research fields. This program reflects Yahoo!'s desire to support
research in new scientific areas that will deliver next generation
Internet technology to their users
Award Recipients 2012!
- Blaise Ur, Ph.D., Institute
for Software Research (Computation, Organizations & Society)
– Privacy and Security
Award Recipients 2011!
- Jason Wiese, Ph.D., Human-Computer Interaction Institute
– Internet Experience
Award Recipients 2010!
- Moira Burke, Ph.D., Human-Computer Interaction Institute
– Microeconomics and Social Systems
- Nan Li, Ph.D., Computer Science Department
– Computational Advertising
- Vijay Vasudevan,, Ph.D.,
Computer Science Department
– Green Computing
Award Recipients 2009