SCS Faculty Awards|
School of Computer Science, Carnegie Mellon University
Pittsburgh PA 15213-3891
(412)268-8525 . (412)268-5576 (fax)
Fellows of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- Manuel Blum, 2002
- For fundamental contributions to the abstract theory of computational complexity.
- Randal E. Bryant, 1990
- For contributions to switch-level modeling of very-large-scale integrated circuits.
- Kathleen Carley, 2014
- For contributions to multi-dimensional human and cyber dynamic networks.
- Edmund M. Clarke, 2005
- For contributions to model checking methods for formal verification.
- Michael Erdmann, 2006
- For contributions to robotic manipulation and perception of shape.
- David J. Farber, 1994
- For contributions to computer languages, distributed computing and
advanced computer communications networking.
- David Garlan, 2013
For contributions to software architecture.
- Garth Gibson, 2014
- For contributions to the performance and reliability of transformative storage systems.
- Ralph L. Hollis, 2004
For contributions to multi-degree-of-freedom robotic devices.
- Farnam Jahanian, 2009
- For contributions to dependability and security of network systems.
- Angel G. Jordan, 1977 (Emeritus)
- For educational leadership in the field of solid-state device research.
- Takeo Kanade, 1992
- For contributions to vision, manipulators, autonomous mobile robots,
- Pradeep Khosla, 1995 (No longer at CMU)
- For contributions to reconfigureable manipulators and reconfigurable software for sensor-based control, and for leadership in curriculum development.
- John Lafferty, 2007
- For contributions to statistical pattern recognition and statistical
- Matthew T. Mason, 2000
- For contributions to robotic manipulation and graduate education in robotics.
- Roy Maxion, 2008
- For contributions to real-time monitoring and analysis of computer
systems for trend analysis, fault prediction, and anomaly detection.
- Brad Myers, 2013
- For contributions to the development of software tools for human-computer interaction.
- Raj Reddy, 1983
- For contributions in automatic speech recognition, artificial
intelligence, and robotics.
- Mahadev Satyanarayanan, 2002
- For contributions to scalable and reliable file access in large
- William L. Scherlis, 2012
- For contributions to software analysis and software engineering education.
- Metin Sitti, 2014
- For contributions to micro-and nano-scale robotics systems.
- Mary Shaw, 1990
- For contributions to computer science education.
- Melvin W. Siegel, 2004
- For contributions to the field of sensors, measurement and robotics.
- Daniel P. Siewiorek, 1981
- For contributions to the design of modular computer systems.
- Peter A. Steenkiste, 2009
- For contributions to optimization and monitoring techniques for distributed communication systems.
- Richard Stern, 2014
- For contributions to robust speech recognition and auditory perception.
- Katia Sycara, 2006
-For contributions to case based reasoning, multi-agent systems and
semantic web services and standards.
- Chuck Thorpe, 2007
- For leadership in research and development of vision-based
autonomous outdoor vehicles.
- Manuela Veloso, 2010
- For contributions to the development of cognition, perception and action
in autonomous robot teams.
- Jeannette M. Wing, 2003
- For contributions to methods for software systems.