Fully Parallel Airflow Simulation
This demo/tutorial shows a simulation of airflow over an airfoil. The
simulation is based on a parallel implementation of the finite volume
method (also called control volume method). The simulation consists
This is described in more detail in the homework assignment this tutorial is based on.
The code is fully parallel including the Delaunay, Voronoi code and
the generation of equations. In most other implementations of fluid
flow only the conjugate gradient is implemented to run in parallel.
- Finding a delaunay triangulation of the set of points.
- Generating the voronoi diagram from the triangulation (its dual)
- Writing a linear equation for each voronoi cell such that
the net flow into each cell is zero.
- Setting the boundary conditions (Neumann conditions).
- Solving the set of linear equations using the Conjugate Gradient method.
- Generating the flow velocities on each triangle from the flow potentials
at the three corners.
Here is the code:
Back to the Nesl applets page.