Course racing. Best results:
- 12th in the Worlds (1987)
- 5th in the Europeans (1987)
- 1st in the Finnish Nationals (1987)
- ranking #1 in Finland (1986)
- I still race in the Formula class for fun (this picture is from 2007; I am in the blue shirt):
Nowadays I also do tricks for fun. Best tricks I have done:
- Forward loop. See picture above right and video of that big fast one from summer 2016. I practiced this move since June 2008; first fully succesful forward loop where I sailed away in footstraps on 6/3/2013 in Maui, see video of my first one (~90MB). Video of one that has more air and is more vertical (but I had to waterstart) (124 MB).
- Carving 360 (about 2004-)
- Duckjibe (starting in summer 2001 or 2002). Video of duckjibing in Maui in summer 2002 (~5MB).
Yes, I mean the game.
Mostly 5 min & 5 min
I typically race in the role of tactician. For example, I was tactician on board sail yacht Arwen in the Beneteau First 36.7 North American Championship 2016. We were 6th overall, and we won the Corinthian (=non-pro) fleet. Here are some pictures from the event.
I also race in the Flying Scot class with my kids.
I play in the following leagues:
My knee hurts.
Preferably acrobatic. I was trained in the Finnish Air Force during my obligatory military service.