Coach Language Corpus
- [Mar 18, 2003] I modified all the entries to remove quad
regions. The clang that remains is not equivalent to the original,
but is close; two points of each quad regions were chosen as the
corners of a rec region.
- [Jan 31, 2003] I (finally) added everything that was said by the
coaches at the RoboCup 2002 coach competition.
- [June 10, 2002] I added example 4, modified from a
submission by Karstem Strum.
- [June 7, 2002] At Timo's request, I moved his other example to
the old section. I also added another example (number 3) from Timo
- [June 6, 2002] I have marked Timo's 2nd example as old/invalid
since it's a hybrid of v7 and v8 CLang.
- [May 06, 2002] Our first examples have been added. Thanks Timo!
This page contains some example uses of the version 8.xx of the coach
language as supported by the Soccer
Server System as used in RoboCup.
All teams wishing to compete in coach competitions should be able to
correctly process and use the examples here. This was created in an
effort to avoid some of the interoperability problems encountered at RoboCup2001 .
Discussion about the coach and the coach language should take place on
the robocup coach mailing
In the text file linked below, comment lines are marked with a '#' at
the beginning of the line. Naturally, these lines should be ignored in
processing the file. Each example should be marked with who contributed
it. Submit further examples by emailing Patrick Riley
- From the RoboCup 2002 coach competition
- Example 3 by Timo Steffens; a few
basic defined rules
- Example 4 by Karstem Strum, and
modified by Patrick Riley.
- Example 4 by Omid Aladini.
These are example which are invalid in some way. Your team does not
need to support these.
- Example 1 by Timo Steffens; simple
use of conditions and a negative directive with a list of actions
- Example 2 by Timo Steffens; simple
info-message using point-arithmetic and and ballposition
This page is maintained by Patrick Riley
<email@example.com>. Please let me know if you encounter