Rodolfo M Vega
Teaching Faculty & Lecturer
Language Technologies Institute, School of Computer Science
Carnegie Mellon University
5000 Forbes Avenue - GHC 6709,
PA 15213-3890, U.S.A.
Phone: 412-268-3724 - Fax: 412-268-6298;
- Competency-based curriculum design, transfer credit system (European and Latin American Tuning Project) and active teaching/learning methodologies (learning by doing and project-based education) in Latin American Higher Education reform efforts.
- Strategic planning, policy analysis and systemic evaluation of the introduction and use of information and communication technologies in educational systems (formal, non-formal and workforce), educational system reform efforts and pedagogical innovations.
- Development and evaluation of electronic tools (cyber tools) to support participatory curriculum development, implementation and evaluation, and instructional design for innovations in pedagogical practices, from a critical constructivist epistemology and complex thinking paradigm.
- Design, implementation and evaluation of participatory environments and methods in the pre- and in-service teachers education, to contribute to their knowledge in planning, implementing and evaluating innovative and alternate pedagogical practices supported by informatics and educational electronic networks.
- International and Comparative Development Education;
- Social and Policy Studies in Education;
- Teachers Education (K-12 & Higher Education);
- Educational Technology;
- Curriculum Development;
- Learning Design for Interactive Intelligent Systems;
- Active Teaching/Learning Methodologies based on Learning by Doing approach;
- Information and Communication Technologies in Education;
- Language Technologies applied to Intercultural Bilingual Indigenous Education in the Americas