How to scribe for CS-6841: Advanced Algorithms
- Take complete notes for the class. Note the lecture number.
- Download advalgos.sty, advalgos.bib and template.tex. You might also want example-figure.pdf.
Put them all in the same directory.
- Rename template.tex as lectureXX.tex, where XX is the number of
the lecture (01, 02, ..., 09, 10, 11, ..., etc.).
- (Main step.) Edit the lectureXX.tex file so as to include your scribe
notes. Set the lecture number, title, and scribe name in the
first few lines, use macros appearing in lpsdp.sty as
appropriate. Use LaTex best practices! Include at least one
- If necessary, add to (but don't subtract from) advalgos.bib.
- Produce your pdf by bibtexing and by pdflatexing. The output file will be lectureXX.pdf.
- Email the following files to Raj or Ravi:
lectureXX.tex, lectureXX.pdf, figure file(s), and advalgos.bib (iff you added
- The deadline is seven calendar days after the lecture.
Math Writing tips: