Adj. Research Prof.,
Robotics Institute, CMU
- Computer vision
- Machine learning
- Research bio
- Online publications
- Recent projects:
- CouchPotato --
Learning objects and actions from weakly supervised video.
an alternative to patch-based descriptors like SIFT.
- Generalized Boundaries (Gb) -- fast alternative to Pb:
- Event Detection in Video
- Diamond -- Interactive exploration of non-indexed data
- Projector-Camera Systems (aka Smart Projectors)
- Events I am organizing:
ECCV 2014 Workshop on Action Recognition with a Large Number of
Classes. [Deadline Aug 17, 2014]
- Workshop on Web-Scale
Vision and Social Media, in conjunction
with CVPR 2014. [Deadline Apr. 13, 2014]
ICCV 2013 Workshop on Action Recognition with a Large Number of
Classes. [Deadline: Nov 7, 2013]
Courses/Tutorials Chair for IEEE CVPR 2013
[proposal submission deadline Dec. 3, 2012]
- AAAI Spring Symposium on
Learning in Multimedia.
[abstract submission deadline Oct 5, 2012]
- Special issue on Large-Scale Multimedia Corpus, Retrieval and Mining for IEEE Multimedia.
- Special issue on Labeling the World for IEEE Pervasive Computing
- Workshops Chair for IEEE CVPR 2009.
- Workshop on Analysis and Evaluation of Large-Scale Multimedia Collections, collocated with ICPR 2010.
- Workshop on Large-Scale Multimedia Mining and Retrieval,
collocated with ACM Multimedia 2009.
- Workshop on Computer Vision for Humanoid Robots in Real Environments, collocated with ICCV 2009.
- International Workshop on Projector-Camera Systems (PROCAMS), collocated with ICCV, CVPR and SIGGRAPH.
- Workshop on cross-validation, bootstrap and model selection, collocated with NIPS 2000.
- Former student collaborators:
- Earlier research (includes JKanji, face recognition and intelligent vehicles)