Adj. Research Prof.,
Robotics Institute, CMU
- Computer vision
- Machine learning
- Research bio
- Online publications
- Recent projects:
- Events I am organizing:
Courses/Tutorials Chair for IEEE CVPR 2013
[proposal submission deadline Dec. 3, 2012]
- AAAI Spring Symposium on
Learning in Multimedia.
[abstract submission deadline Oct 5, 2012]
- Special issue on Large-Scale Multimedia Corpus, Retrieval and Mining for IEEE Multimedia.
- Special issue on Labeling the World for IEEE Pervasive Computing
- Workshops Chair for IEEE CVPR 2009.
- Workshop on Analysis and Evaluation of Large-Scale Multimedia Collections, collocated with ICPR 2010.
- Workshop on Large-Scale Multimedia Mining and Retrieval,
collocated with ACM Multimedia 2009.
- Workshop on Computer Vision for Humanoid Robots in Real Environments, collocated with ICCV 2009.
- International Workshop on Projector-Camera Systems (PROCAMS), collocated with ICCV, CVPR and SIGGRAPH.
- Workshop on cross-validation, bootstrap and model selection, collocated with NIPS 2000.
- Current student collaborators:
- Yicong Tian: Spatio-temporal DPMs (CVPR'13)
- Kevin Tang: CouchPotato - discriminative segment annotation (CVPR'13)
- Subh Bhattacharya: action recognition, photo recomposition
- Enrique Ortiz: co-training
- Former student collaborators:
- Earlier research (includes JKanji, face recognition and intelligent vehicles)