2004 GSA Volleyball
Hello, this is the official home page for 2004 GSA Volleyball. If
you are looking for the 2003
page, here it is.
- This is the same league as is listed the Volleyball
(Faculty/Grad) for the IM department. If you signed up there, please
check the enrolled teams link below (after Friday, January 23, 2003)
let me know if there are any problems. You should read this web page
all the information.
- The season runs from January 25 till April 25.
- Games are every Sunday between 6pm and 10pm (last game starts at
- All games are in the main gym in the old gym on Tech St (near
Posner Hall/GSIA) (it's #8 on this map)
- We play 6 on 6, but if on any particular week you are allowed to
play with as few as 4.
- All faculty, staff, and graduate students are invited to play.
Others (such as friends and signifigant others) may be allowed to
play,with the approval of the
tournament director . Undergraduates, however, are not allowed
to play (this is a constraint imposed by our funding arrangement
with GSA). Contact Pat Riley
if you have questions about this.
- The purpose of GSA Volleyball is to provide an environment where
teams can have fun and play to their level. While we would like people
to play to the best of their abilities, we would also want to
foster an environment of fun and good sportsmanship; in essence, a
kinder, gentler volleyball league. We play because volleyball is
- Congratulation to the winners!
- A division: A3 Who is Spinbick?
- B division: B11 Civil Action
- C division: C1 Balls of Steel
- I hope everyone enjoyed playing.
I've had a great time running this for the past couple of years. Thank
you to Kevin Bowers and Joe Marriot who will be taking over for me next
- You can find some of my
If you have pictures from GSA Volleyball that you want me to post, just
let me know. Thanks all!
You might also find these links interesting:
These links are of interest primarily to the organizers:
- Free Play Day!
- On January 18, we will have free play time in the main gym
6:30 till 9:00. Everyone is invited to come down and just have some fun!
- This is a great opportunity to try and find players for a team
if you need them...
- If you are planning on showing up, please drop me an email at
email@example.com. I'd like to know how many courts to set up.
- The sign up deadline is January 22, 2004. Entry
for the entry form.
- The first games will be Sunday, January 25, 2004. I'll send out
the schedule Friday morning. In future weeks, I will get the schedule
out earlier, but I won't even have the teams until then!
- The sign up deadline has passed. However, if you would still
like to play, we might be able to arrange that. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will not be playing on Sunday, February 1 so that
everyone can go watch the superbowl and its commercials..
- Games on 3/14 were cancelled because of electrical problems in
the gym. The schedule for 3/21 is up now with some slight changes from
the 3/14 schedule.
- I am currently planning on running the final tournament on April
18 and April 25. The final tournament is a single elimination inside
each division (with the winners getting fabulous IM T-shirts). April 18
will be the full A tournament, the beginning of B, and most of C. April
25 will be the rest of B and the final game of C. Expect that you will
have multiple games (if you win). If your team is going to have any
scheduling problems, please either make them go away or let me know
right now. The schedule is tight, so I can't promise anything.
- The final
tournament information is now
available, including the seedings. Please read it carefully and
make sure that you
understand the schedule!
- I am looking for someone to help
me run this league (and take over completely for next year). If
you think you may be interested, please
- If you have any questions, please contact me at email@example.com.
Please send me, firstname.lastname@example.org or
Last modified: Wed Jan 8
09:02:14 EST 2003