The Personal Exploration Rover
[ Overview |
Software & Firmware
- PER Software v5.2
- Fixed several bugs from earlier software versions and made
adjustments so that this software release is compatible with rover
firmware version 3.0 (the firmware version initially installed on
all red rovers). Several features were added including the Auto-Update
feature in the Diagnostic program.
Note that TurnTo and DriveTo Action times are not accurate for "turbo"
PERs (red PERs were all initially turbo PERs). See the
readme file for a complete list of bug
fixes, added features, and
known bugs. This zip file includes source and class files. Size: 15M.
Released 07 Sep
Sofware v5.1.1 with class files
- Includes the new PER API for PER programmers. Also includes a
coordinate system. This contains bug fixes contained in version 5.1 and the
binaries class files.
Released 20 Jul 04.
- PER Software v5.0
- An older version of the PER Software.
- This is the latest version of the PER's onboard Stargate/Stayton
software. Released 07 Jul 04. In order to use all of the features of the
PER Software v5.1.1, exhibit22 should be installed on your rover. This
zip file contains the software to be installed as well as an installation
guide. This release fixes the bug contained in version 21.
- This is a slightly older version of the onboard Stargate/Stayton software. If you use this version, motion detection, resource locking, and some of the color tracking methods will not work. This zip file contains the software and installation guide.
- Iconic Interface
- The iconic interface allows one to create programs for the PER without
requiring knowledge of any formal programming languages. Documentation on
installation and use is included in the per-bin.zip file. (Version:
PERIconic 1.0, Release Date: 14 Dec 05, Size: 12M)
- PER Manual v1.8
- All the basics for using and caring for your PER. Version 1.8 includes
a description of the new start-up demos in version 3.0 of the Stargate
code. (Posted 10 Jun 05)
- PER Manual Appendix A
- Pictures and descriptions of how to replace different PER parts.
Includes instructions on installing the new Tower Hobbies TS-59 steering
servo, replacing the pan servo, and contains updated calibration values. Updated 05 Oct 04.
- Calibration Guide
- A guide to using the Calibration program including hints on some of
the more advanced features.
- Calibration Chart
- Chart of calibration values based on servo type and firmware version. Updated 05 Oct 04.
- Sample Middle School Curriculum
- Sample curriculum materials appropriate for the 5th - 7th grade level.
Includes a syllabus, daily activity sheets, and some homework. This
curriculum comes from a C-MITES course taught in June 2005 at CMU. The
course met for three hours per day for one week. (Posted 15 Sep 05)
- MER / PER Comparison Chart
- Chart comparing the MER and PER robots. (Updated 15 Sep 05)
- Additional links to information on the NASA MER mission and educational materials.
- Netgear MA101 drivers
- Updated drivers for the Netgear MA101 wireless adapter. These may not be the most recent drivers available, but they have worked well for us on Windows XP machines in the past. Posted 24 Jan 05.
Robotics Institute at Carnegie Mellon
University was established in 1979
to conduct basic and applied research in robotic technologies.
It is part of the School of Computer Science.
This project was supported through the generosity of the NASA Ames
Intelligent Systems Program and Intel Corporation.
Questions? Comments? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Since April 27, 2004