a few half-formed musical musings, collected chronologically:
- August 2006
- [agfe] mostly improvised 2am play over a very simple bass ostinato (see title)
- [pedal] more improvisation along the lines "drone drone drone then something different"
- [gorgle] the opening melody keeps haunting me...but this song needs work
- November 2006
- [b1] blues study #1
- [kf1] klezmer/fantasy study #1
- [mims1] minimalist/impressionist/movie soundtrack study #1
- December 2006
- May 2007
- [goldberg] Aria to Bach's Goldberg Variations
- July 2007
- [mizrahi] Eastern melody
- [menuet2] and [sarabande] more from the "baroque stradella" album. menuet2 is the second Menuet from Bach's French Suite no.1 in d, another piece that haunted me five or six years ago after hearing a Glenn Gould recording. sarabande is just the opening of the Sarabande from Bach's English Suite no.2 in a, which I also find extremely beautiful.