Fall 2011 Course Information
- 8/28 : Welcome to the class!
- 8/31 : Class moved to PH A18B
- 9/23 : Project 1 due date moved to Sep. 25 (Sun), 11:59PM EST
- 10/1 : Project 2 out and is due on Oct 13 (Thu), 11:59PM EST
- 10/12 : Project 2 due date moved to Oct. 16 (Sun), 11:59PM EST
- 10/21 : Project 3 out and is due on Nov. 3 (Thu), 11:59PM EST
- 11/2 : Project 3 due date moved to Nov. 6 (Sun), 11:59PM EST
- 11/9 : Project 4 out and is due on Nov. 20 (Sun), 11:59PM EST
- 11/17: Project 4 due date moved to Nov. 23 (Wed), noon (12PM) EST
- 11/5: There is NO CLASS on Dec 6 (Tue)
- 11/5: Final Project Progress presentations will be held on Dec 8 (Thu) class
- 11/5: Final Project presentations will be held on Dec 13 (Tue) at 5PM EST
- 11/5: Final Project submissions (code, video, and report) will be due on Dec 13 (Tue) at 11:59PM EST
||Tuesdays, Thursdays, 3:00-4:20PM, PH A18B
||There is a class mailing list which will be used for announcements and discussion.
||Schedule of class topics and assignments
||Administrative matters such as
assignments, grading policy, late days
||There is an optional book for the class: Artificial Intelligence for Games. We will also be posting lectures which are partially based on the book, so you don't have to buy the book if you can follow the lectures.
Instructor and TAs will hold regularly scheduled office hours.
||Thu, 9-10AM & by appointment
The goal of the course is two-fold. The first goal is to teach students some of the higher-level techniques that are currently not covered in other computer graphics classes but are necessary to implement interesting computer games. In particular, a large emphasis will be on game AI. The second goal of the class is to get students familiar with programming games on various platforms using state-of-the-art game engines. To this end, the course will have a heavy programming focus. It will have a number of projects requiring students to apply the learned material to develop games for a standalone PC, for a mobile phone and for a Massively Multi-player Online environment.