RE: SF Gate: Instant runoff a question for mayor's race/Complex software still in works -- Shelley must give his OK

If Larry Ensminger were still around, he might say:  You can hope in one hand and crap in the other, and see what fills up first.  Three years in Texas and I still don’t quite know what that means.  :-)

The thing is, this is going to require planning.  It isn’t something we can sell to someone and then hack up in a couple of weeks.  It is a huge project.

From: owner-support@dieboldes.com [mailto:owner-support@dieboldes.com] On Behalf Of Steve Knecht
Sent: Wednesday, February 19, 2003 8:27 PM
To: support@dieboldes.com
Subject: RE: SF Gate: Instant runoff a question for mayor's race/Complex software still in works -- Shelley must give his OK

The first company to do this, that is implement a paper IR ballot to go along with their touch screen will go forward with a large advantage.  Our ballot layout is much more flexible than ESS ballot.  I hope that we are planning on this in our development, but it is not a small thing since it is both paper and touch screen.