From: owner-support@dieboldes.com [mailto:owner-support@dieboldes.com] On Behalf Of Green, Pat
Sent: Friday, January 24, 2003 6:29 AM
To: 'support@dieboldes.com'
Subject: RE: GEMS-1-18-17

Don,

You make a very good point here.  There are times we will need to release things for customers which do not choose to wait for ITA approval, but we want to move toward a system where we do a pre-release for certification purposes and then have a real release which sticks for a while.  Today's system of doing a release and then having to do 2 or 3 more during the certification process causes a lot of confusion.  Sometimes this is a necessary evil, but not always.  We will try to start with pre-releases whenever possible.

Pat