Re: Manual Entry:" Use cards cast for race times counted" option

We did have the situation in Johnson County after redistricting where several precincts were not included in a district on the optical scan ballots and a second optical scan ballot for a race had to be used for those voters.  In this situation there were no additional cards(ballots) cast.  The fact that the manual entry of the votes cast in that race did not impact the cards cast was a good thing in this instance.  Les

----- Original Message -----
From: Ken
Sent: Tuesday, October 29, 2002 9:16 PM
Subject: RE: Manual Entry:" Use cards cast for race times counted" option

I asked Dmitry to do it this way 3/21/2001.  The theory was that some places don’t know and don’t care what the cards cast totals are when they do manual entry, so we don’t force the user to enter card cast totals if they don’t want to.  Nineteen months later that sounds like a pretty lame reason.  They have to enter the race times counted if they don’t enter cards cast, so the option doesn’t really gain anyone anything.  If you like, post the RCR and we’ll just remove the checkbox in GEMS 1.19.