Re: I/O error

Something was disrupted in the transmission.  The port was not started, the vote center not queued, download not activated from Ballot Station, transmission configuration information incorrect on Ballot Station, a cable was loose, etc.  Did you check all of the above?

Nel
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, September 25, 2002 2:22 PM
Subject: I/O error

    We have a GEMS server offering an error dialog box when attempting to upload to an AVTS SanDisk.

The error message is titled "I/O Error" and the message states "Specified network name cannot be found".

    This error cannot be reproduced in the lab using the same database.  I have seen this error occur on our test database in the deployment/test lab when user errors are made at the queue stage.  We have cleared this up by deleting the database from GEMS and reloading it.  This however, will nullify all of the cards already made by this process.

    Is there anyway to clear this condition up without whacking the database?

  • Windows 2000 Server 5CAL
  • GEMS 1.17.17
  • WinCE 3.0 020808
  • BallotStation 4.1.11

Best Regards,
James P. Rellinger, MCSE
Manager of Engineering, Georgia Operations
Diebold Election Systems
(770) 231-6468