R6 - Ethernet Connection

Thanks to Rob McDonald for assisting me in testing the ethernet connection from R6 to GEMS in Marin. Worked fine when we got it going.  Takes about a minute to download a card for this CA. election with no audio.  I'm wondering if that time is spent mostly in GEMS configuring itself for the download process or in actually downloading data.  Alot of time was spent with the "TSText tranfer" portion of the load.

A few other quick observations. GEMS needed to get the WINCEServices installed during the process and we updated the TSText files.

Also, to configure the R6, at one point Rob needed to access the R6 "desktop" by using a blank "word.doc" file, changed the extention to "word.ins" file.  When inserted into the R6 the "word.ins" file popped up a window allowing access to the desktop.  It was good to know this option is still there at some level, as we needed it to complete the install.

At the application level (BS4.1.6) the voter card portion of the BS does not handle Vgroup2.  Tab is aware of this and it is being fixed.  But we could not access a Dem or Republican ballot because of this yesterday.  This will require update of BS to next revision when Tab has fix, if you are using Vgroup2 in California.

Again, thanks Rob McDonald for your help.
Steve Knecht
Diebold Election Systems
415-893-9941 office   415-893-9951 fax
415-225-6591 cell