11717 internal error testcell.cpp

Posted on behalf of Bill Bowers of GBS:

Here is what I did...

1) Installed GEMS over a previously installed version.  I let GEMS install
uninstall the old version and re-install the new (17.14 to 17.17)...  I then
got the error message when I tried to look at a ballot
2) I manually uninstalled GEMS and deleted the files uninstall left (localdb
folder, backup folder etc).
I then did a "clean" install and got the same error

I talked with Kathy in Omaha.  She thought it was a regedit thing.  That did
not solve the problem.

Here is the error msg I get

Internal Error
Textcell.cpp
Line 364
October 12, 2001

Any advice for Bill would be appreciated.