RE: VA Cert test

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-support@gesn.com [mailto:owner-support@gesn.com]On Behalf Of
Ken Clark
Sent: Monday, October 01, 2001 12:23 PM
To: support@gesn.com
Subject: RE: VA Cert test

(If it is one location with a lone 1.92 shafted reader, then I suggest we
upgrade them to a 1.94 Lucid reader and be done with it.  If the Virginia
certification is not worth eating the cost of upgrade, then we shouldn't be
there.)

	---Our records show that the City of Portsmouth has two units with VL
readers for absentee count.  The remainder of their 30+ units are IF Model
"C" readers.  The cost to upgrade these units to VL is substantial and
should be billed to the customer.
It would be far more cost effective to reprint the ballots and choose a
jurisdiction using VL units for GEMS Certification.

(How did VA get shafted readers anyway?  We thought they were all in
Michigan.)

	---The City of Portsmouth bought their units during the production
transition period from IR to VL readers.  Why model "C"?  The parties
responsible for that decision are no longer with Global.

Steve R.