RE: AVOS-PC-FC-194x

Well, why didn't you just say so?

I will put up a new zip file that includes the 128kb image shortly.  Same name+password.  I'll add a new standard text file to the zip that includes all three checksums.

From: owner-support@gesn.com [mailto:owner-support@gesn.com]On Behalf Of Ian S. Piper
Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2001 11:20 AM
To: support@gesn.com
Subject: RE: AVOS-PC-FC-194x

We've been producing AccuVotes with only one (1) 128KB ROM for the last two (2) years.  For the sake of being comprehensive, Guy Lancaster has always provided the hex code in both a 64KB format and a 128KB format, which we subsequently archive.  But we have only used the 128KB format for production and upgrades unless state certification demanded that 64KB ROMs be used.  I only recall one account in Virginia that was a stickler for that (but that was for a 1.94f version.)  If we want to standardize on a ROM chip size, then a suggestion would be to only provide the code in a 128KB ROM format, as this has been the standard ROM chip size for some time.

Currently, there are more 128KB ROMs out there than 64KB.  Back in October 1999, in preparation for the time when 2.0.0 would be released and would probably require two (2) 128KB ROMs, we thought it prudent to supply 1.94w in a single 128KB ROM chip, so that upgrades to 2.0.0 could utilized recycled ROMs instead of throwing away 64KB ROMs and replacing them with 128KB ROMs.  Any AccuVote in the field with 1.94w firmware has a 128KB ROM chip.

Ian