RE: State of Virginia Red Oval questions

I think most of these have been answered;  I'll pick up the scraps.
From: owner-support@gesn.com [mailto:owner-support@gesn.com]On Behalf Of Larry Dix
Sent: Wednesday, August 29, 2001 1:30 PM

3.) What is the acceptable width of the line that makes up the red oval?

GEMS "thick oval" option draws the line as 1/64".  Since GEMS outputs the postscript, they don't really have to worry about it.

4.) Can I print all ovals in black and then make a second pass at the ballot covering the black ovals with red ink?

I won't speak to Greg's response:  I don't recomend it.  GEMS' seperate plate for ovals option removes the black ovals from that plate, so there is not reason you should print red over the black.  With Spectrum it is done in one pass digitally so its not an issue.

 5.) Does anyone have the printer specs for red ovals?

Its in Ian's ballot spec.

Ken